It’s all about the winter warmers and we can’t get enough of this spicy pumpkin and sweet potato soup!
This is a great addition to the fridge lasting up to atleast 5 days!
What you’ll need:
1 garlic clove
1 Red onion
1kg Butternut Pumpkin
500g Sweet Potato
1/2 Teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1.5L Vegetable stock
Greek yoghurt (optional)
How to make it
1. Heat a pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add in the garlic clove, and cook the onion for a couple of minutes until it has softened.
2. In a tray add the butternut pumpkin, sweet potato and sprinkle with cumin and paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin and potato begins to soften.
3. Remove from oven and cover the pumpkin, sweet potato, onion with vegetable stock and simmer until the vegetables soften. With a hand blender, blend the soup to your desired consistency.
4. chop the coriander and pumpkin seeds finely.
5. Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt and the coriander mixture. Season with salt and pepper.