There’s nothing more satisfying than indulging in something healthy! these cookies are the perfect treat for those days when you’re craving sugar but not wanting to over do it.
What you’ll need
1 cup oats
3/4 cup spelt flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
pinch of salt
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In one bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil. In another bowl separate to the dry mixture, whisk in the egg, vanilla and honey (or maple syrup).
- Add both the wet and dry ingredients together.
- line a baking sheet and spread the cookies out at least 2cm apart.
- bake for 15-20 minutes and once removed, place on cooling rack.