We can’t get enough of soup this Winter, and this cooler weather means that we get to take advantage of creating amazing soups to be enjoyed throughout the week. This zucchini soup recipe is a great way of ensuring that you’re getting a sufficient amount of greens in your daily diet!
What you’ll need
5 x Zucchinis
2 x Spring onions
3 x Leeks
2 x Potatoes
1 ltr Vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season
2 x garlic cloves
Basil or coriander
Extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Chop zucchinis, onions and leeks. Heat a pan with extra virgin olive oil and throw the vegetables and garlic cloves in until golden brown.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, transfer the vegetables into a large pot and cover with vegetable stock (you may need a little bit of extra water).
- Place on high heat until the stock starts to bubble then reduce to a low flame.
- Once the vegetables start to soften, add in the potato.
- Simmer for about an hour (the timing will vary depending on how you like your soup consistency).
- With a hand mixer, mix all the ingredients together to your desired consistency.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper, place a dollop of greek yoghurt into the soup and garnish with coriander or basil.